Saturday, January 22, 2011

Settling In

We've been back in PNG for a week now and we're feeling pretty well
settled.

Some things I've enjoyed as we've begun settling in:

Having a huge group of people to greet us at aviation! We were
obviously missed!
Being back into our home and having my kitchen back.
Trying some new recipes this week
Getting back to a routine... including exercise!
Beginning a new semester at school and getting to know my new
students... they are a great bunch!
Seeing my kids reconnect with their friends and having a house full of
kids after school each day.
Looking out my windows at this beautiful country.
Catching up with my PNG and expat friends here.
Getting back into our weekly Bible study groups.

Of course, we miss friends and family in the US, but God has called us
to this work in PNG and has even blessed us with contentment as we do
it. Life here is not always easy. There is cultural stress. There are
no restaurants. Now 24/7 grocery stores. No places for shopping except
our little store. However, this place feels like home. We have purpose
in our work here. We have good friends. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment